Sunday 8 September 2013

FODT : minimalist makeup routine

Dior Lip Glow, Daniel Sandler watercolour blush in So Pretty, Maybelline the Collossal Cat eye, Nars Laguna, Nars Satin Lip pencil in Yu, Jouer Matte Moisture tint in Porcelain, Shu Uemura eye curler


Fact story, I'm not a morning person. I always wake up late in the morning. Snoozing my alarm has become my habit. So, when that kind of day come, I'll only have limited amount of time to get ready and do my routine. Therefore, when it comes to makeup product, I'll stick to the things that I know will work for me. Plus, I'll keep everything as simple as possible by using less product and undo-ing unnecessary steps. 

For the base product, I have been abusing my Jouer Matte moisture tint. I have rave about this in so many post including my August Favourites. It's just so easy to blend and looks very natural on the skin. I can get away without setting it with a powder as it gives a semi-matte finish. When in a rush, I'll usually skip the concealer part, if I do have an extra time, I'll use my Maybelline instant age-rewind concealer for my under eye. 

Then, I'll use the cult favourite bronzer, Nars Laguna. Instead of setting my base with a powder, I find that using a bronzer helps to set my base well enough. For blush, I'll stick with any pink blush, and at the moment I'm enjoying Daniel Sandler Watercolour blush in So Pretty. For the eye, as I am keeping everything as simple as possible, I'll only use a mascara, my all time favourite is the Maybelline Collossal cat eye. I'll finish it off with a statement lip colour, Dior Lip glow as a balm and  top it off with Nars Satin lip pencil in Yu. I find that wearing a pop of colour on the lips gives an effortless casual look without putting much effort. 

Overall, I'm done. This will probably take me around 10-15minutes. If I have an extra time, I'll spritz some MAC Fix+ to give my skin a dewy look. 




So, what's your makeup staple in a rush ??  Would love to know your recommendation. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...