Wednesday 4 September 2013

The BB/CC Cushion Foundation Rave - IOPE Air Cushion XP

IOPE Air Cushion XP - C21







From BB creams to CC creams and now the highly coveted product in the Korean market is the BB/CC Cushion Foundation rave. This BB/CC Cushion trend has been going on for awhile. It's like the new trend after BB creams and CC creams.

Basically, this is a new concept of  a "fuss-free" makeup application. Applying your base product from the cushion without the need of using any brush or pumping out your foundation. I was triggered by the hype due to its claim of lightweight texture, natural looking skin, non-cakey when reapply and high SPF. So, I thought why not, summer is coming and I never incorporate any suncream to my skincare routine. After researching a bit about the BB/CC cushion foundation, I decided to get the IOPE Air Cushion XP in C21 (buy here). Although, at first I struggled deciding between the IOPE and Hera version, but decided to stick with the IOPE as it's less dewy and more compatible with my combination skin. Moreover, IOPE is the mother of the cushion trend, as it's the first that launched and make it to the trend.

The concept of this cushion foundation is to provide hydration to the skin and also a cooling effect. Coverage wise I would say it's light to medium and very buildable. I tried wearing it on top of another foundation (Jouer Matte moisture tint) and it makes it look even more natural and dewy. I really like the finished of it, I would say a semi-dewy. I prefer wearing this by itself as I find the coverage to be decent enough for an everyday wear. I apply it using the sponge that is given, as the sponge will not eat up the foundation.  For the colour range, they provide three options which are natural #21 & #23, cover #21 & #23 and shimmer #23. Basically, natural for a lighter coverage , cover for more coverage and shimmer for brightening effect. Longevity wise, it stays on the skin pretty good through out the day around 6 hours and I do find my face looks a bit shinny at the end of the day. I bought this for around $36AUD, which I think is pretty decent as IOPE is a department store brand and inside the box there is an extra refill for the cushion. I really appreciate the fact that the compact is refillable. I find it very convenient, as I can just buy another brand refill cushion and put it inside the IOPE compact. It also have a build-in UV protection of SPF 50++.

I thought I should show you how incredibly good this thing is in evening out my complexion. So below I have provide a close up "before" and "after" photos. Beware of my bare skin look, pardon me if I scare you.



Bare Face

Wearing IOPE Air Cushion XP - C21





So have you try on any Cushion foundation ? If not, will you try them in the future??




2 comments:

  1. Looks great!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...