Monday 30 September 2013

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation


NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Deauville





























Nars Sheer Glow foundation is my very first high-end foundation. I have been looking for a foundation that does not contain any SPF so that I can use it for special occasions without worrying about my face turning into a "moon-face" or a white cast on flash photography. Before buying this, I google "top recommended foundations without spf" and in the end I settle my first foundation with Nars. This foundation is a cult favourite among the beauty communities. Moreover, if you haven't notice, I'm a Nars lover.

Nars sheer glow is a medium coverage foundation but it's buildable depending on how you apply it. I personally prefer using a beauty-blender than a foundation brush for this particular foundation. I find that, when I use a foundation brush like the Real Technique buffing brush it looks a bit cakey and doesn't look as natural as when I apply it using a beauty-blender.  Longevity wise, I reckon it stays on around 6hours max and it'll start to wear off . Despite the name being "sheer" and "glow", it's nothing like that. Although, it feels lightweight on the skin, I won't count Nars Sheer Glow to be a "sheer" foundation. I find that the word "glow" is kinda misleading as when you apply it on, it's more of a matte finish with a bit of sheen. Colour wise, I'm pretty content with the range selection. I would really recommend Nars foundation range especially to all pale girls out there like me. At first, I got the colour Montblanc but I find it a bit too pink for my taste as I want to cancel out the redness on my skin. So, I decided to swap it with Deauville which is describe to have a neutral undertone. I have not really figure out my undertone, do I have a yellow or pink tone? cool or warm or maybe even neutral? I'm not really sure about it.

I really like and enjoy wearing this foundation. For the price, it's on the pricey side for $68AUD. However, it's totally worthed as it gives me a flawless complexion. I can probably get away without wearing concealer. Btw, I have a combination skin where I have an oily T-zone. I think this Nars foundation lives up to the hype.


Before & After 





























Have you try this? Do you like it??


2 comments:

  1. I've never tried it before but I definitely want to! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm personally a big fan of covetingnow blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...